Here are your No Surprises Act forms!
- These two documents should be given to all self-pay and uninsured clients as of January 1, 2022.
- SAMPLE NOTICE OF AVAILABILITY OF GOOD FAITH ESTIMATE
- SAMPLE GOOD FAITH ESTIMATE: Updated on Jan 4, 2021, this form was designed to meet the requirements of all therapists nationwide for the No Surprises Act. This form is a hybrid of several provided by various professional associations, that I felt were more applicable to private practitioners and contained softer language than the forms provided by the federal government (CMS Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services/HHS Health and Human Services).
- Here’s the LINK TO MY ARTICLE ON THE NO SURPRISES ACT which tell you how to use these forms
Note: there is much conflicting advice out there, so it is likely that clarification will come in time, and I will need to update/alter these forms or give different advice. Stay tuned to my newsletters and to your professional association for changes in everything I just published — they are certain to be coming!
This is a great time to update your documentation. Check out my Practice Forms Packet, with 20 essential practice forms (including these forms) — find out more at my Store Page and click on the Forms Packet icon.
Join me at my upcoming live webinar, “What’s Missing From Your Charts: Writing Great Progress Notes” on Feb 5th (recording available) –– click here for more information
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS? WANT HELP WITH YOUR DOCUMENTATION? Have insurance and business questions? Schedule your no-judgement consultation now at www.calendly.com/barbgris ($150 for 50 minutes, $85 for 30 min.).
CHECK OUT MY OTHER HELPFUL RESOURCES, including:
- my pre-recorded webinars
- “What’s Missing From Your Charts: Writing Great Progress Notes”
- “Telehealth Billing Post-COVID”
- “How to Write a 5-Minute Treatment Plan”
- “What Out-Of-Network Therapists Should Know About Billing”
- “Audits and Records Requests”
- “Couples Therapy: Billing, Documentation, and Ethical Dilemmas”
- “What EVERY Therapist Should Know About Insurance”
- my book Navigating the Insurance Maze: The Therapist’s Complete Guide to Working With Insurance
- my Billing Service List
- my articles page