Check out my upcoming live webinars “What’s Missing From Your Charts: Writing Great Notes” and “How to Write a 10-Minute Treatment Plan” – click here
Get your Telehealth Consent Form and Credit Card Authorization as part of my newly-updated Practice Forms Packet — click here
Have empty spaces in your therapy practice?
Have you lost clients because you didn’t accept insurance?
Have you thought about accepting insurance, but feared it would mean mountains of paperwork, compromising confidentiality, and discounted fees? Or do you already accept insurance, but have lots of questions?
avigating the Insurance Maze: The Therapist’s Complete Guide to Working With Insurance – And Whether You Should is a must-have reference for EVERY psychotherapist. In an amusing, easy-to-read format, it outlines how to get a steady stream of referrals and build a full practice by accepting insurance. Order your copy of this amazing resource in the updated 9th edition– so you have the latest information in this changing field.
You’ll learn about:
- Billing and documentation for telehealth
- Billing how-tos, diagnosis codes, and CPT codes
- How to join insurance plans
- How to get reimbursed by a plan without joining them
- How to work with a client’s coverage
- How to avoid costly but common mistakes
- Myths and realities
- What about confidentiality? Will therapy be micro-managed?
- How to successfully fight denials
- Line-by-line instructions to the CMS-1500 claim form
- Insider tips for speedy reimbursement
- Sample forms including:
- Completed Claim Form
- Worksheet: “Checking Coverage: 13 Essential Questions”
To view the complete Table of Contents, click here.
CHECK OUT MY WEBINARS (click here):
- “AUDITS AND RECORDS REQUESTS: WHAT EVERY THERAPIST SHOULD KNOW”
- “WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR CHARTS: WRITING GREAT PROGRESS NOTES”
- “HOW TO WRITE A 10-MINUTE TREATMENT PLAN”
- “TELEHEALTH BILLING 2022 UPDATE”
- “COUPLES THERAPY: BILLING, DOCUMENTATION, AND ETHICAL DILEMMAS”
- “WHAT EVERY THERAPIST SHOULD KNOW ABOUT INSURANCE”
- WHAT OUT-OF-NETWORK THERAPISTS SHOULD KNOW ABOUT INSURANCE
- “ARE YOU COMMITTING INSURANCE FRAUD?”
- “THE FIRST SESSION: JUGGLING CLINICAL AND ADMINISTRATIVE TASKS”
FOR MY UPCOMING LIVE WEBINARS, click here
OTHER ESSENTIAL RESOURCES
- MY PRACTICE FORMS PACKET with 20 essential practice forms, including No Surprises Act Good Faith Estimate Documentation, Telehealth Consent, Credit Card Authorization, and Couples Treatment Agreement: click here
- BILLING SERVICE LIST: Thinking of hiring a billing service? Check out my Referral List – click here.
- CONSULTATIONS: Got an insurance question? Want to grow your practice or get help with notes or the business stuff? To set up a phone consultation, click here
- SUBSCRIBE TO MY E-MAIL NEWSLETTER— to get my monthly e-newsletter to keep up-to-date with important changes in the insurance world that affect your practice, and helpful new resources as they become available, Click here
“Thank you for the consultation and for helping me write that raise request letter to the insurance plan. I got the rate increase that I requested for individual sessions, and a smaller increase for group sessions. Thank you so much — your knowledge was incredibly valuable!” — A Thrilled LCSW
“Barbara — I’m a really good therapist. But I really suck as a practice administrator. Thanks so much for the consultation. It was more than just helpful, it was really fun!” — A Grateful MFT