- How to retain potential new clients even though you aren’t on their plan
- 4 options for assisting your out-of-network clients with insurance billing
- Should you check a client’s out-of-network coverage? (and what to ask)
- Ethical sliding scale fees
- What should be on your superbill to avoid denials
- The types of audits out-of-network providers need to worry about
- Telehealth coverage and billing for out-of-network providers
- What do plans require in the notes of out-of-network therapists to reimburse clients?
- Negotiating Single-Case Agreements with a health plan to cover one client
- Health plan clinical reviews: What to say — and what NOT to say
- Why the plan might refuse to reimburse your out-of-network clients
- Time permitting: Billing for missed sessions
- Option 1: Join us live Saturday, September 25, 2021:
- 11 am – 12:30 pm Pacific / 12 pm – 1:30 pm Mountain / 1 pm – 2:30 pm Central / 2 pm – 3:30 pm Eastern
- All registrants will automatically receive the recording link after the webinar, in case your plans change
- Option 2: Watch at your convenience! Register and the link to the webinar recording will be sent to you within 6 hours after the webinar. All registrants will automatically receive this link — there is no need to request it. Recording is available for one year. CEs are available even if you just listen to the recording — instructions will be given when the link is sent.
- $38.00 general admission, NO CE credits desired
- $48.00 general admission, 2 CE credits desired (NOTE: CE approval guaranteed only for California BBS Licensees, other licensees will have to check with your licensing board for credit. Complete CE info is below)
- $28.00 for therapists who have not yet earned a license (your honesty is appreciated)
After registering, you will be sent EventBrite tickets (you may ignore) and invoice, and usually within one day, you will get a confirmation from Zoom. All attendees will receive email reminders with your link from Zoom one week, one day, and one hour before the event with the webinar link. This link is unique to you — please do not share it.
All registrants will get the link to the recording within 6 hours after the webinar, to watch or review at your convenience.
TO PURCHASE TICKETS: CLICK HERE
PRESENTER: Barbara Griswold, LMFT is author of Navigating the Insurance Maze: The Therapist’s Complete Guide to Working with Insurance – And Whether You Should, now in its 8th edition. In addition to her private practice in San Jose, CA, she provides consultations and trainings about insurance, progress notes, and practice-building to therapists nationwide. She invites you to contact her at theinsurancemaze.com/contact.
Questions and Answers:
Who should attend? This event is designed for all types of mental health professionals nationwide, whether they work for insurance or not.
How do I get CEs for this event? You must purchase the ticket option that includes CEs. After the webinar, if you have registered for CEs you will be emailed a link to the post-test and evaluation, even if you did not attend live. You may get CEs whether you join live or listen to the recording. Course completion certificates will be emailed immediately after completing the evaluation and passing the post-test with a minimum 70% score. Post-test answer keys will not be sent. Barbara Griswold LMFT (CAMFT CE provider #023504) is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists to provide Continuing Education for California LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs. Others should check with their licensing boards for possible credit. Barbara Griswold maintains responsibility for this course and its content. For complete CE policies, click here
Who can I contact with questions? For any questions, concerns, or grievances related to this webinar or registration, please contact Barbara Griswold, LMFT via email at email@example.com. Any person with disabilities who may require accommodations to participate in our trainings or special events is asked to please contact us at least 7 days in advance.
What’s the refund policy? All fees paid are non-refundable, except in cases of duplicate registration or errors in registration.
TO PURCHASE TICKETS: CLICK HERE