YOU MISSED THE LIVE EVENT, but no worries!
You can still purchase the webinar recording — just click here
- How to retain potential new clients even though you aren’t on their plan
- 4 options for assisting your out-of-network clients with insurance billing
- Should you check a client’s out-of-network coverage? (and what to ask)
- Ethical sliding scale fees
- What should be on your superbill to avoid denials
- The types of audits out-of-network providers need to worry about
- Telehealth coverage and billing for out-of-network providers
- What do plans require in the notes of out-of-network therapists to reimburse clients?
- Negotiating Single-Case Agreements with a health plan to cover one client
- Health plan clinical reviews: What to say — and what NOT to say
- Why the plan might refuse to reimburse your out-of-network clients
- Time permitting: Billing for missed sessions
PRESENTER: Barbara Griswold, LMFT is author of Navigating the Insurance Maze: The Therapist’s Complete Guide to Working with Insurance – And Whether You Should, now in its 8th edition. In addition to her private practice in San Jose, CA, she provides consultations and trainings about insurance, progress notes, and practice-building to therapists nationwide. She invites you to contact her at theinsurancemaze.com/contact.
Questions and Answers:
Who should attend? This event is designed for all types of mental health professionals nationwide, whether they work for insurance or not.
Barbara Griswold LMFT (CAMFT CE provider #023504) is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists to provide Continuing Education for California LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs. Others should check with their licensing boards for possible credit. Barbara Griswold maintains responsibility for this course and its content. For complete CE policies, click here
Who can I contact with questions? For any questions, concerns, or grievances related to this webinar or registration, please contact Barbara Griswold, LMFT via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any person with disabilities who may require accommodations to participate in our trainings or special events is asked to please contact us at least 7 days in advance.