OVERVIEW: This one-hour, newly updated (2021) pre-recorded webinar will give you the latest information about billing for video and phone psychotherapy sessions. Answers you get from colleagues aren’t always accurate or up-to-date, which can lead to reimbursement problems. The webinar is aimed at all psychotherapists nationwide, both in- and out-of network.
- What Place of Service codes, modifiers, and CPT codes should be used for telehealth (and why assumptions here can be dangerous)
- Will insurance plans waive copayments? For how long? Will you get paid less if they do?
- Will insurance plans cover out of network providers?
- Where to find coverage info
- How to resubmit a claim if you put the wrong billing code
- How documentation for telehealth is different — and why it matters
- What should I think about when giving up my office?
- Reimbursement rates — are they different than in-person sessions?
- Must a HIPAA-Compatible telehealth platform be used? Which are HIPAA-Compatible?
- Can sessions be done when a client is in a different state or country?
You’ll also get many helpful resources for getting more information, and a link for downloadable handouts of the presentation.
The webinar is applicable nationwide.
EASY TO VIEW: The webinar takes no technological know-how to watch — after purchase you will immediately be sent a link. With one easy click you can watch it on your computer or smartphone at your convenience. You can stop and restart, as needed.
PRICE: ONLY $29.99*
ABOUT THE PRESENTER: Barbara Griswold, LMFT, is author of “Navigating the Insurance Maze: The Therapist’s Complete Guide to Working with Insurance — And Whether You Should” (8th edition). Barbara has taught hundreds of trainings and provides phone consultations to therapists nationwide about insurance, progress notes, and building thriving private practices. Her mission is to help therapists feel as good about the business side of their practice as the clinical side. She invites you to contact her via this website.
THE LOWDOWN: AFTER PURCHASE, YOU SHOULD BE IMMEDIATELY REDIRECTED BACK TO OUR WEBSITE TO A PAGE WITH 2 DOWNLOADS: THE WEBINAR LINK AND HANDOUTS. We will send a follow up email with these links within one business day. If you do not receive this please CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. Contact us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not receive it within 1 business day.
*All Prices Subject to Change
Doing telehealth and need Telehealth Consent and Credit Card Authorization forms? Check out my Practice Forms Packet — click here
Disclaimer: Information in the webinar is intended as general education only, and is not a substitute for getting direct information from the client’s insurance plan, or from a legal advisor.