- How to retain potential new clients even though you aren’t on their plan
- 3 options for assisting your out-of-network clients with insurance billing
- Should you check a client’s out-of-network coverage? (and what to ask)
- Ethical sliding scale fees
- What should be on your superbill to avoid denials
- The types of audits out-of-network providers need to worry about
- Telehealth coverage and billing for out-of-network providers
- What do plans require in the notes of out-of-network therapists to reimburse clients?
- Single-Case Agreements with a health plan to cover one client
- Billing for missed sessions
FREE DOWNLOADS: All participants will be given a link to downloadable Sample Superbill and a Checking Coverage handout to help you check a client’s coverage.
EASY TO VIEW: The webinar takes no technological know-how to watch — after purchase you will immediately be sent a link. With one easy click you can watch it on your computer or smartphone at your convenience. You can stop and restart, as needed. The link will be available for one year.
BONUS FOR CALIFORNIA THERAPISTS: 1.5 CE credits are available for CALIFORNIA LCSWs, LMFTs, LPCCs or LEPs. Other licensees from California and other states should check with their licensing board for credit. .
PRESENTER: Barbara Griswold, LMFT is author of Navigating the Insurance Maze: The Therapist’s Complete Guide to Working with Insurance – And Whether You Should, now in its 8th edition. In addition to her private practice in San Jose, CA, she provides consultations and trainings about insurance, progress notes, and practice-building to therapists nationwide. She invites you to contact her at theinsurancemaze.com/contact.
IMPORTANT: AFTER PURCHASE, DON’T LEAVE THE SCREEN! YOU WILL BE IMMEDIATELY REDIRECTED TO A THANK YOU PAGE — scroll down this page to find the blue links to the webinar and handouts (and CE Evaluation link, if purchased). We will follow up with a separate email with these links within 1 business day, in case you didn’t get them. If you do not receive this follow-up email, please CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER.
CE CREDITS: To receive your CE certificate, just choose the CE ticket option, and along with the webinar link, you will be sent a link to complete a brief evaluation and post-test after viewing the webinar. If you get 70% correct, YOUR CERTIFICATE WILL BE SENT VIA E-MAIL within 15 minutes of submitting the evaluation. Please check your spam folder if you do not see it. If you do not receive it, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Barbara Griswold LMFT (CAMFT CE provider #023504) is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists to sponsor education for California LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs. Barbara Griswold maintains responsibility for this course and its content. For complete CE policies, click here
Disclaimer: The webinar speaks in generalities about insurance billing and requirements. Laws, regulations, and policies will vary by state, health plan, and client policy.