More clients have insurance than ever before, and they want to use their coverage for therapy. Whether to join an insurance network is a huge financial and clinical decision for therapists, but we get little reliable information to help make that decision. Then, after joining, we are left to navigate the insurance maze. This can lead to costly mistakes that hurt us — and our clients.
This 2-hour pre-recorded webinar may be one of the most useful trainings you have ever “attended,” even if you never join an insurance plan. It will give you the essential overview of how to work with a client’s insurance, including what out-of-network providers should know (ex: did you know that just giving a client a statement may open the door for a review of your treatment and records?)
Topics will include:
- The myths and realities of working with insurance
- The pros and cons of being a network provider
- How to join plans, what they are looking for, and what you are getting into
- How to find the most up-to-date diagnosis codes
- Types of plans – and why it matters
- How to keep new clients — even when you aren’t on their plan
- Avoiding the most common mistake therapists make
- Understanding what plans look for when reviewing your care: “Medical Necessity”
- What insurance plans expect in your notes
- Getting paid: Claims and electronic billing
- The proper use of common CPT billing codes
- Billing for video and phone sessions
The webinar takes no technological know-how to watch — after purchase you will immediately be sent a link. With one easy click you can watch it on your computer or smartphone at your convenience. You can stop and restart, as needed.
Webinar is applicable nationwide.
You’ll also get a link for downloadable handouts, including
- Slide handouts
- A “Checking Coverage Worksheet,” which lists The 14 Essential Questions to ask when checking coverage.
BONUS FOR CALIFORNIA THERAPISTS: 2 CE CREDITS are available for California LCSWs, LMFTs, LPCCs or LEPs; other licensees will have to check with their licensing boards for possible credit.
PRICE: ONLY $49.99 FOR WEBINAR; ADD $15 FOR 2 CEU HOURS for California BBS Licensees*
About the Presenter: Barbara Griswold, LMFT, is author of “Navigating the Insurance Maze: The Therapist’s Complete Guide to Working with Insurance — And Whether You Should” (7th edition). Barbara teaches workshops and provides phone consultations to therapists nationwide about insurance, progress notes writing, and building thriving private practices. She invites you to contact her via this website.
AFTER PURCHASE, DON’T LEAVE THE PAGE — YOU WILL BE IMMEDIATELY REDIRECTED TO A “THANK YOU” PAGE WITH YOUR DOWNLOADS: THE WEBINAR LINK, SLIDE HANDOUTS, THE CHECKING COVERAGE HANDOUT, AND CEU TEST LINK, IF PURCHASED. We will send a follow-up email with these links within one business day. If you do not receive this please CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com if you do not receive it within 1 business day.
For complete distance-learning continuing education program policies, visit www.theinsurancemaze.com/cepolicies or contact Barbara Griswold at 408-985-0846.
*All Prices Subject to Change