JOIN US AT OUR LIVE WEBINAR
“Telehealth Billing: 2022 Update”
Saturday, June 11, 2022
11 am – 1 pm Pacific / 12 pm – 2 pm Mountain / 1 pm – 3 pm Central / 2 pm – 4 pm Eastern
CAN’T MAKE IT LIVE? THE WEBINAR WILL BE RECORDED! All registrants will automatically get the link to the recording, to watch at your convenience.
This webinar will give you the latest information about insurance billing and coverage for video and phone psychotherapy sessions, and predictions about the future of telehealth coverage. Will our clients lose telehealth coverage, and if so, how can we prepare? We’ll review what is known, help you formulate better questions for clients and health plans, and dispute common myths and misconceptions. The webinar is aimed at all psychotherapists nationwide, both in-network and out-of network.
- The new 2022 Place of Service codes for telehealth
- The latest updates about whether it is legal to work with a client in a different state (Hint: the answer may surprise you!) If legal, will insurance cover it? What if YOU leave the state?
- What if you give up your office? What address do you put on claims/superbills? Will insurance plans kick you off the network?
- CPT codes and modifiers that should be used for telehealth billing
- Are plans continuing to waive client copayments?
- Will insurance plans continue to cover phone sessions?
- Will plans continue to cover out-of-network providers?
- The best place (and worst place) to find coverage info
- How documentation for telehealth is different — and why it matters
- Will you be paid less for telehealth than for in-person sessions?
- The biggest mistakes therapists make that lead to claim denials
- What is the future of telehealth coverage?
- What to think about now to avoid client abandonment or treatment interruptions
You’ll also get many helpful resources including two handouts:
- “What to Ask a Plan When Giving Up Your Office or You or Your Client Leaves the State”
- “12 Essential Questions to Ask When Checking Coverage”
Plus tons of great links and downloadable slide handouts.
CE CREDITS: 2 LEGAL AND ETHICAL CE CREDITS are available for California LCSWs, LMFTs, LPCCs or LEPs; Other licensees should check with their licensing board for credit — we have no information about which licensing boards might approve them. CEs can be obtained by watching the recording anytime within one year. Anyone can purchase the CE ticket if you want a certification of completion. For more about CEs, see FAQs below.
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE: This training is aimed at a nationwide audience, and is appropriate for psychotherapists, students, counselors in training, billers, or therapy office managers, regardless of experience level.
- $45.99 for therapists and billers — NO CE CREDITS DESIRED
- $55.99 FOR CALIFORNIA BBS LICENSEES WANTING CE CREDITS (or others needing a course completion certificate, or who want to seek CE credit, though we can’t guarantee it)
- $35.99 for students/pre-licensed therapists (honesty appreciated)
- $35.99 per person for groups of 4 or more who register together, NO CE CREDITS DESIRED
- $45.99 per person for groups of 4 or more who register together, CE CREDITS FOR CALIFORNIA BBS LICENSEES DESIRED
IMPORTANT NOTE: YOU WILL ACCESS THE WEBINAR THOUGH A LINK SENT BY ZOOM — NOT EVENTBRITE. After registering you will be sent an Eventbrite invoice, but this is just your receipt. You should receive the webinar link in an email from Zoom within 1 business day of your registration, then email reminders one week, one day, and one hour before the event. If you do not have the link two days before the event, contact our Technology Advisor Aviva Lev-David at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PRESENTER: Barbara Griswold, LMFT is the author of Navigating the Insurance Maze: The Therapist’s Complete Guide to Working with Insurance – And Whether You Should, 8th edition (www.theinsurancemaze.com). In addition to her 30-year private practice in San Jose, CA, she provides consultations and trainings about insurance, progress notes, and practice building to therapists nationwide. She invites you to schedule your consultation with her at www.calendly.com/barbgris.
TO REGISTER: CLICK HERE
“Tell me about the webinar recording.” Within 6 hours of the webinar’s end, all registrants will automatically be sent an email with the link to the recording. If you don’t receive it, please check your inbox and spam/junk folder before contacting us at email@example.com. The recording can be stopped, started, and reviewed as many times as you wish and reviewed for one year. CEs can be earned from viewing the recording.
“Can you tell me more about your CE policies?” For those who signed up for CE credits, a link to the post-test will be sent via email after the webinar. Attendees must complete this evaluation and post-test and pass with a score of 70% before a CE certificate will be issued. The certificate will come via email within 2 hours of submitting the test. If you fail the test, you will receive an email notifying you of this, with instructions to retake the test. If you do not receive a certificate or failure notification within 24 hours, and have checked your spam folder, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. CEs are only guaranteed for California BBS licensees, others should check with their licensing board for possible credit. Your certificate will be dated when you take the test. Barbara Griswold is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists to sponsor education for California LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs. Barbara Griswold LMFT maintains responsibility for this course and its content. Please contact Barbara with questions, complaints, or requests for accommodations. For complete CE policies, see https://theinsurancemaze.com/cepolicies/
“Are there any discounts or coupons for this webinar?” There is a discount for pre-licensed therapists and groups of four or more — see the ticketing page. There are no coupons.
Refunds: No refunds are given except when there is a duplicate purchase. Remember that all registrants will get the recording.
QUESTIONS? Contact us at email@example.com
DISCLAIMER: Regulations and laws vary by agency, state, and insurance plan. Information presented should be seen as a general information and does not take the place of legal advice, consulting your state’s laws, or contacting the client’s health plan.